Gary W. Newson
Mr. Newson concentrates his practice on intellectual property counseling, patent preparation and prosecution before the USPTO, trademark prosecution, and related litigation, licensing, and counseling. He has extensive experience in managing patent and trademark prosecution in foreign jurisdictions. Mr. Newson also manages the enforcement of intellectual property rights in foreign jurisdictions against actions such as passing off, counterfeiting, unauthorized use of trademarks and copyrights, and protecting domain names.
Mr. Newson received a Bachelor of Science degree in Aerospace Engineering from the University of Arizona and a J.D. from the Sandra Day O’Connor College of Law at Arizona State University, where he was an Associate Editor of the Arizona State Law Journal and earned a certificate in Law, Science and Technology with a specialization in Intellectual Property. Before his legal career, he worked as an engineer for several aerospace companies including Cessna Aircraft Company, L-3 Communications, and Honeywell.
Mr. Newson has been named as a Super Lawyers Rising Star.
- Arizona State University, Sandra Day O’Connor College of Law, J.D. 2008
- Associate Managing Editor, Arizona State Law Journal
Law, Science, & Technology Certificate
- University of Arizona, B.S. Aerospace Engineering 1998
- United States Patent and Trademark Office
- State Bar of Arizona
- Supreme Court of Arizona
- Federal District of Arizona
- Product-by-Process Patent Claims: Arguing for a Return to Necessity and a Reduction in the Scope of Protection, 40 Ariz. St. L.J. 327 (2008).
- Civil Procedure, Service, and the Electronic Courtroom: A Discussion of the Arizona Supreme Court’s 2006-2007 Decisions, 40 Ariz. St. L.J. 891 (2008).
- State Bar of Arizona Intellectual Property Law Section (Executive Council, 2014-2015)
- Scottsdale Bar Association (2013-2015)
- Reliability Engineer, Aviation Communication and Surveillance Systems
- Reliability Engineer, Cessna Aircraft Company